Who Am I?
A 23 year-old Purdue graduate who avidly follows their sports teams and likes to think I have a knowledge of why they win or lose.
Why start a blog?
Because I've had a bunch of random thoughts about college sports in general and wanted a place to post them. I'll delve into some statistical analysis and pure randomness. I'm not a reporter, just somebody with an interest in sports who likes following them in my free time.
I also just projected the bracket with greater accuracy than all but one outlet listed here. I wanted to partake in that contest next year, and needed a place to post a bracket projection.
Unfortunately, probably mostly football and men's basketball. While I will be the first to say that volleyball was my favorite sport in school, it would be unrealistic to provide much more analysis than most news outlets on sports other than the Big Two because they are very difficult to follow outside of West Lafayette.
What to Expect?
- Statistical Analysis
- Pot Shots at idiotic analysts (I'm looking at you, Digger Phelps)
- Praise for announcers I actually like (ie. Bill Raftery, Gus Johnson, Erin Andrews)
- Random pre-game, in-game, and post-game thoughts
- Thoughts on other teams in the Big Ten and around the country
- Random pictures of Ed Hightower from here:
I will start with a look back at why Purdue won the Big Ten Tournament, and then take a trek around the bracket, looking for some possible surprise teams.